ATTENTION ALL NORTH CAROLINA DRIVERS:
JOIN THE MAYBERRY LICENSE PLATE CAMPAIGN NOW
Let's make this license plate a reality!
According to the NCDMV, the following steps are required for this new specialty plate:
- 500 applicants must sign up to receive the plate
- The campaign committee has established a $30.00 registration fee, in addition to the standard fee. Of this $30:
*$10.00 is to be returned to the NCDMV
*$2.50 is to be paid to the copyright owner of the logo
*$17.50 is to be donated to the Surry Arts Council, host of the Andy Griffith Playhouse, the Andy Griffith Museum, and the annual Mayberry Days festival in Andy Griffith's hometown of Mount Airy
- Once the 500-applicant requirement has been fulfilled, the plate design will be presented to the NC General Assembly at its long session beginning January 2017 and ending March 15, 2017.
- Once the plate is approved by the NC General Assembly and the collected funds are submitted to the NCDMV, production of the plates will begin. Plates should be delivered to applicants no later than 180 days after the General Assembly's session ends on March 15, 2017. Hopefully, the process will not take that long, but please be patient if it does.
MAYBERRY FANS, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Go to https://www.ncdot.gov/download/dmv/MVR-27PPA.pdf to print the required form.
The first four lines should be filled out:
Name of Organization: Mayberry Plate Fund
Name of Contact Person: Don Teague
Address of Contact Person: 211 Thomas Burke Dr., Hillsborough NC 27278
Phone Number(s): (336) 409-1151
Standard Special Plate: $30.00
Personalized Fee (if desired): $30.00
*Total Fees Remitted: $30.00 (or $60.00 if requesting a personalized plate)
*NOTE: This $30 (or $60) fee is in addition to the regular $36 registration fee that all NC vehicle owners must pay to acquire a regular North Carolina tag.
- Mark N/A for "First in Flight" and "First in Freedom" boxes as the design will cover the entire plate.
- Fill out the remainder of the form and send the completed form with your CHECK or MONEY ORDER made payable to MAYBERRY PLATE FUND in the amount of $30.00 (or $60.00) to:.
Mayberry Plate Fund
211 Thomas Burke Dr.
Hillsborough NC 27278
IMPORTANT: Please also enclose a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope with the completed form and your check or money order. This envelope will be used either for sending you a receipt for your payment OR, in the unfortunate event of our not reaching the 500-applicant requirement (or in the case of non-approval of the plate by the General Assembly), for returning your uncashed check or money order.
PLEASE NOT THIS DEADLINE: All applications need to be postmarked by December 31, 2016.
THIS WILL BE A GREAT WAY TO SHOW HOW MUCH
WE ALL LOVE MAYBERRY!
If you have any questions or comments,
please call DON TEAGUE at (336) 409-1151