The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest’s monumental collection of Andy Griffith artifacts, is operating on its full, normal schedule. For their own safety and the safety of those around them as the pandemic continues, all guests are encouraged to wear masks when indoors and near others.
For complete updates on operating hours, safety procedures, or other info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Mar. 3-5: The 25th Annual George Lindsey UNA Film Festival in Florence, Ala. For more info, visit either www.lindseyfilmfest.com or the festival’s page on filmfreeway.com. Full schedule (including a screening of the Mayberry Man movie) and guests TBA.
* Mar. 12: Karen Knotts brings her one-woman “Tied Up in Knotts” show to the Smoot Theatre in Parkersburg, W.V. Showtime is 8 p.m. Tickets for reserved seats are $25 and may be purchased at www.smoottheatre.com or the box office. For more info, call 304-422-7529.
* Mar. 13: Karen Knotts and her “Tied Up in Knotts” come to the Metropolitan Theater in her dad’s hometown of Morgantown, W.V. Showtime is 4 p.m. Ticket prices start at $25 and are available online at www.morgantownmet.com.
* Mar. 15: Ron Howard and Clint Howard talk about their memoir and their careers in show business at the Desert Town Hall lecture series in Indian Wells, Calif. For info, call 760-610-2852.
* Apr. 8 and 9: Keith Thibodeaux (Johnny Paul Jason in Mayberry and Little Ricky on “I Love Lucy”) is the first special guest announced for this year’s Mayberry & I Love Lucy Day in Granville, Tenn., which is also home of a unique combo, the Mayberry-Lucy Museum. Popular Mayberry and Lucy & Desi tribute artists will also be on hand, as well as Darlings-style bluegrass music.
Most festival activities are on Saturday, but there will be Mayberry Dinner Theater performances (dedicated to Betty Lynn) on both Friday and Saturday at 5:30 p.m. (Reservations required.) Check back here for festival updates and visit www.granvilletn.com for the full schedule. For more info, call 931-653-4151.
* Sept. 19-25: 33rd Annual Mayberry Days® festival in Mount Airy, N.C. Tickets are already available HERE for portions of the festival, including The Emmett Golf Tournament (including Mayberry Days® Dinner & Entertainment, which may also be purchased separately), concert by The Dillards featuring Rodney Dillard, and Professor Brower’s Lecture. For more info, visit www.mayberrydays.com.
Oct. 23-29: Clint Howard is the special guest for Mayberry Cruise 15, which was postponed with a few tweaks from its original dates in 2020 and just recently again in 2021 because of the pandemic.
This cruise aboard Carnival’s Horizon will depart from Miami and travel to the Caribbean with ports of call in Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel . Rates (including all taxes) start at $625 per person.