The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest's amazing collection of Andy Griffith memorabilia, is open daily in Mount Airy, N.C. For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* June 26-July 3: Ronnie Schell performs at Harvey's Hotel & Casino in Lake Tahoe.
* July 8 and 9: Mayberry Meet-Up in Mount Airy, N.C. Timed in part to coincide with Neal Brower's Lecture on Saturday at the Andy Griffith Museum (see the July 9 listing below), this informal gathering is being coordinated by Allan "Floyd" Newsome as a chance for fans to gather and enjoy Mount Airy during a quieter time of year than with the wall-to-wall activities and crowds of Mayberry Days (also not to be missed!) in September.
There's a light schedule of planned activities that folks can pick and choose from. (Click the highlighted link above for details on the event's Facebook page.) It's mostly just a chance to hang out and relax in Mount Airy with fellow visitors and local friends. Click this link for the Mayberry Motor Inn website for room reservation info. The motel and its gazebo serve as the home base for weekend.
* July 9: Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride perform a free concert at 7 p.m. at the Kimberling City Mall in Kimberling City, Mo.
* July 9: Neal Brower presents a lecture on the "Andy's Rich Girlfriend" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., in the Andy Griffith Museum Theatre in Mount Airy, N.C. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum admission ($6). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* July 10: The Roland White Band performs at the Bluegrass on the Green Festival in Frankfort, Ill.
* July 15: Betty Lynn greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8 x 10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* July 21: Don Knotts statue dedication in Morgantown, W.V. Details TBA.
* July 23: Karen Knotts performs "Tied Up in Knotts" at 2 p.m. at the Metropolitan Theatre in Morgantown, W.V., as part of this week's festivities surrounding the Don Knotts statue dedicating
* July 24: The Dillards (featuring Rodney Dillard) perform at First United Methodist Church in Starkville, Miss. Details TBA.
* Aug. 2 -4: David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning patrols the Tazewell (Va.) County Fair.
* Aug. 6: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Aug. 8: A night at the Elizabethon (Tenn.) Twins baseball game is twice as good when David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning is on hand for the game.
* Aug 13: Mayberry 101 author Neal Brower presents a lecture on the "Goober and the Art of Love" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., in the Andy Griffith Museum Theatre in Mount Airy, N.C. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum admission ($6). Visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Aug. 20: Mayberry Night in Troy, N.C. , starring Maggie Peterson, the VW Boys and most of the Mayberry tribute artists in a fundraiser show for the local DARE program. Details TBA.
* Aug. 20 and 21: Hal J. Smith (aka Otis Campbell) 100th Birthday Celebration in Massena, N.Y. Hal was born in Petoskey, Mich., on Aug. 24, 1916, but called Massena home for many years. Details of the celebration are TBA. Follow updates on plans at the event's Facebook page, or contact organizer John Michaud III by phone at (315) 769-2102 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Aug. 26-31: As part of the celebration of Betty Lynn's 90th Birthday (Aug. 29), the historic Earle Theatre in Mount Airy, N.C., will screen June Bride, the 1948 film starring Betty in the title role. Also starring Bette Davis and Robert Montgomery. And look for Debbie Reynolds and Mayberry's Amzie Strickland (Miss Rosemary) and Tom Tully (Walt Simpson) in smaller roles.
"Mayberry Deputy" Browning is on hand for the game.
* Aug, 27 and 28: Oh boy, David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning is in action for the 26th Annual Amboy (Ill.) Depot Days. All aboard!
* Sept. 10: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Sept. 19-22: Memories From Mayberry: Timeless Truths from America's Hometown is a Bible study event drawing on the biblical truths and life applications found in "The Andy Griffith Show." Hosted by the Georgia Baptist Conference Center in Toccoa, GA (90 miles NE of Atlanta). The price is $325 per person.
The all-inclusive price includes three nights of on-campus lodging, eight meals, Bible study sessions based on favorite TAGS episodes, dynamic preaching, worship, and special guest star LeRoy McNees ("Mayberry on Record" and "Quiet Sam") in concert. To register, call (706) 886-3133 or visit www.mytoccoa.com/mayberry.
* Sept. 21-25: 27th Annual Mayberry Days in Mount Airy, N.C. Stars confirmed so far include Mount Airy's own Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou), The Dillards (featuring Rodney Dillard), and Karen Knotts (daughter of Don Knotts), who will present two one-woman shows this year: her popular "Tied Up in Knotts" and her brand new one, "A Deputy's Daughter." Dorothy Best (with David Browning) will also present "Remember Me with Laughter: A Tribute to James Best."
Other performances include the comedy of James Gregory ("the funniest man in America"), The VW Boys, Michael Hoover's Elvis, The Embers (featuring Craig Woolard), The Tams, and the Malpass Brothers. Tickets are also available for The Emmett Golf Tournament, the Golf Banquet & Entertainment, Professor Brower's Lecture/TAGSRWC Meeting, and Colonel Tim's Talent Time.
More details and stars TBA. Much of the festival is free, but tickets for many of the activities/performances listed above that have a paid admission are now available online at www.mayberrydays.org.
* Oct. 1: LeRoy McNees and Gloryland perform at the Kern County Fair in Bakersfield, Calif.
* Oct. 21: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Oct. 21: Karen Knotts performs "Tied Up in Knotts" in Milton, Del. Details TBA.
* Oct. 22: Karen Knotts brings "Tied Up in Knotts" to the Sellersville Theater in Sellersville, Penn. Show time is 7:30 p.m. For more info, visit www.st94.com.
* Oct. 23: Next stop for Karen Knotts and her "Tied Up in Knotts" tour is the Bickford Theatre in the Morris Museum in Morristown, N.J. Show time is 2:00 p.m. For info, visit www.morrismuseum.org.
* Oct. 29 -Nov. 3: Cruise to Mayberry 11 with special guest star Jackie Joseph (aka to Ernest T. Bass's Sweet Romeena)! Join the fun (including Halloween) in the western Caribbean aboard Carnival's Paradise cruise ship as it departs Tampa with stops in Grand Cayman (a favorite of Asa's and Mr. Meldrim's) and Cozumel (a fave of Daphne and Skippy and Mavis Neff).
A bunch of popular Mayberry tribute artists (and also an Elvis) will join Jackie in providing entertainment and hosting contests, along with all the hearty eatin' and usual cruise highlights. For more info, visit www.allaboutcruisesnc.net or call 1-800-832-7993.
* Nov. 25: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Dec. 3: Roland White hosts and the Roland White Band performs for the 20th Annual Bill Monroe Appreciation Night at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Dec. 3: Get "Tied Up in Knotts" for the holidays when Karen Knotts brings her one-woman show to the Monroe Arts Center in Monroe, Wis. Show time is 7:30 p.m. For further info, go to www.morrismuseum.org.