The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest’s monumental collection of Andy Griffith artifacts, is open daily in Mount Airy, N.C. For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Nov. 15: CANCELLED Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) is under the weather this week (allergic reaction to a medication) and regrets that she must cancel this month’s greeting of fans at the Andy Griffith Museum that was scheduled for today. She’ll be back at the Museum on Dec. 20. For info visit www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Nov. 29: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Dec. 7: Roland White and his band host the annual Bill Monroe Appreciation Night at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Dec. 14: A Mayberry Christmas starring Maggie Peterson Mancuso (Charlene Darling), Rodney Dillard and the Dillard Band, and featuring David Browning as the Mayberry Deputy will be presented at 7:00 p.m. at the Montgomery Theater in Troy, N.C. For more info, call (704) 985-6987.
* Dec. 18: A Mayberry Christmas starring Maggie Peterson Mancuso (Charlene Darling), Rodney Dillard and the Dillard Band, and featuring David Browning as the Mayberry Deputy will be presented at 7:00 p.m. at the Freedom Hall Civic Center in Johnson City, Tenn.
* Dec. 20: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 1:00-3:00 p.m. She will have 8 x 10 photos available for autographing ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* May 15-17: Seventh Annual Mayberry in the Midwest festival in Danville, Ind. Special guests TBA. A full slate of Mayberry tribute artists will also be on hand. And there’s always plenty of musical entertainment, assorted contests, and great eats, including at the landmark Mayberry Cafe.
Other highlights include the Meet & Greet Dinner (Friday), a parade (Saturday), and the Mayberry Squad Car Nationals at the Robert Shelby Memorial Obstacle Course. For more info, visit www.mayberryinthemidwest.com.
* Sept. 21-27: 31st Annual Mayberry Days® in Mount Airy, N.C. Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of “The Andy Griffith Show.” Special guests already confirmed include Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou), Darling boy Rodney Dillard & the Dillard Band, Ronnie Schell (two Mayberry roles and Duke Slater on “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.”), and Karen Knotts (daughter of Don Knotts).
Many more stars and concerts and presentations TBA. Get your tickets early for the best seats to what promises to be a banner year for Mayberry Days! (And much of the festival is free and doesn’t require a ticket.)
Also, don’t delay in reserving your hotel rooms either. Most local hotels should now be ready to take reservations for Mayberry Days®. Or at least they will be ready to do so very soon.)
Tickets for Mayberry Days® are available online for several of the festival’s events at www.mayberrydays.org. More than ever, this is one Mayberry celebration no Mayberry fan wants to miss!
* Oct. 3: 60th Anniversary of the airing of the first episode of “The Andy Griffith Show.“
* Nov. 1-7: Clint Howard is the Special Guest for Cruise to Mayberry 15 to the Eastern Caribbean aboard Carnival’s Breeze. Also including a boatload of popular Mayberry tribute artists and even an Elvis.
The cruise departs from of Ft. Lauderdale and makes stops in Nassau, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk and has two fun days at sea. For info, contact Sharon Euliss of All About Cruises at PWESJE@aol.com or call her at (336) 538-4926.