The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest’s monumental collection of Andy Griffith artifacts, is operating on its full, normal schedule. For their own safety and the safety of those around them as the pandemic continues, all guests are encouraged to wear masks when indoors and near others.
For complete updates on operating hours, safety procedures, or other info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Sept. 20-26: 32nd Annual Mayberry Days® in Mount Airy, N.C. Special Guests from “The Andy Griffith Show” include Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou), Rodney Dillard (guitar-playing Darling boy), Dennis Rush (Howie), Clint Howard (Leon), Margaret Kerry (Bess Muggins and Helen Scobey), Joy Ellison (Effie Muggins, Mary Wiggins and others), Ronnie Schell (two episodes of TAGS and also Duke Slater on “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.”), LeRoy Mack McNees (one of the Country Boys in two episodes), and Calvin Peeler (Martin Barton in an episode of “Mayberry R.F.D.”).
Other Special Guests include Karen Knotts (daughter of Don), Laura Hagen (widow of Mayberry maestro Earle Hagen), Dreama Denver (widow of actor Bob Denver), and Dick Atkins (producer of Murder in Coweta County, starring Andy Griffith).
Tickets are available HERE for some Mayberry Days® concerts and presentations, including Collin Raye (actually on Sept. 18, the Sat. before Mayberry Days® week), two shows (one as part of the banquet for the Mayberry Days® Golf Tournament) by T. Graham Brown, The Doug Dillard Tribute Show by The Dillards featuring Rodney Dillard, LeRoy Mack and Friends Present: Bluegrass Mayberry Style, Ronnie Schell Presents: “Andy, Don & Jim–My Memories of Three Mayberry Legends,” Karen Knotts Presents: “Tied Up in Knotts–A Book Talk,” Professor Brower’s Lecture with Neal Brower (with guests Joy Ellison and Dennis Rush), Tim White and Troublesome Hollow’s “Tribute to Mayberry,” Allen Leath’s “Mayberry Melodies,” Michael Hoover’s “Memories of Elvis,” and Colonel Tim’s Talent Time.
Other concert highlights during the week include John Floyd (“The Mouth of Mayberry”), The Embers featuring Craig Woolard, Legacy Motown Revue, The Band of Oz, The Isaacs, and James Gregory (“The Funniest Man in America”).
Make your plans for really fun times at Mayberry Days®!
* Oct. 1: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Oct. 12, 13 and 15: Ron Howard and Clint Howard make joint presentations in support of their new memoir The Boys at three book events including a ticketed presentation by The Town Hall at Strand Books in New York City at 7 p.m. on October 12, the Chicago Humanities Festival at 7 p.m. on October 13, and an L.A. Times Book Club presentation on the rooftop of the Grammy Museum in L.A. at 7 p.m. on October 15. (You can also “attend” that last one virtually for $45.)
* Oct. 29-31: Margaret Kerry is a special guest for the Fanboy Expo in Knoxville, Tenn. For more info, visit www.fanboyexpo.com.
* Oct. 30: 33rd Annual Uncle Jesse Big Bass Classic (founded by Denver Pyle) at Pat Mayse Lake in Paris, Tex. The event helps raise funds for Denver Pyle’s Children’s Charities, which remains very active in the Paris community. For info, visit the event’s page on Facebook.
* Oct. 31-Nov. 6: POSTPONED by pandemic (again) until 2022. See new listing below. Clint Howard is the special guest for Mayberry Cruise 15, which was postponed with a few tweaks from its original dates in 2020.
* Nov. 5-7: Margaret Kerry is a special guest for the Fanboy Expo in Columbus, Ohio. For more info, visit www.fanboyexpo.com.
* Nov. 26: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Dec. 18: Roland White and his band perform at 9 p.m. at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
Oct. 23-19: Clint Howard is the special guest for Mayberry Cruise 15, which was postponed with a few tweaks from its original dates in 2020 and just recently again in 2021 because of the pandemic.
This cruise aboard Carnival’s Horizon will depart from Miami and travel to the Caribbean with ports of call in Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel . Rates (including all taxes) start at $625 per person.