The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest's amazing collection of Andy Griffith memorabilia, is open daily in Mount Airy, N.C. For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Dec. 5: Roland White presents Bill Monroe Appreciation Night at the Station Inn in Nashville, Tenn.
* Dec. 11: Ron Howard's In the Heart of the Sea opens in theaters nationwide. It's a whale of a movie. Think of it as sort of a 19th Century Star Wars prequel...a must-see before viewing Episode VII, which opens the next week.
* Dec. 12: Maggie Peterson and Rodney Dillard and the Dillard Band are joined by David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning for a presentation of their Mayberry Christmas show at 2 p.m. and again at 7 p.m. at Long Branch Baptist Church in Autryville, N.C. And then come back the next evening to see David Browning's presentation of A Christmas Carol the next evening. For tickets and more info about all the shows, call 910-818-8452.
* Dec. 16: Maggie Peterson, Rodney Dillard, David Browning and the Mayberry Christmas show come to Freedom Hall in Johnson City, Tenn. The show, presented by Fountain of Life Church, starts at 7 p.m. For tickets or more info, call 423-282-0655
* Dec. 18: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8 x 10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
* Dec. 18: Maggie Peterson and Rodney Dillard and the Dillard Band are joined by David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning for a presentation of their Mayberry Christmas show at 7 p.m. ET at the Historic State Theater in Elizabethtown, Ky. Tickets range from $34 for reserved seats to $24 for general admission balcony seats. For tickets and info, visit http://historicstatetheater.org.
* Dec. 19: Maggie Peterson and Rodney Dillard and the Mayberry Christmas show featuring David Browning come back to Middle Tennessee with a return engagement in Mt. Juliet at Victory Baptist Church 1777 Tate Rd. 37122. Doors open at 5 p.m., and the show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets go on sale Oct. 1 and are $20 in advance by calling 1-800-965-9324, ordering online at the following website www.itickets.com/events/349787/Mt._Juliet_TN/Mayberry_Christmas.html, or in person at the church offices listed on that site, or are $25 at the door. Child care will also be provided. The event is jointly presented by Abundant Life Church and Victory Baptist Church.
* Dec. 25: A CBS Special Holiday Event: "Christmas Story" and "The Pickle Story" episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show" air back to back in primetime at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT) and for the first time ever...in color!
Fans will still and always and forever have these episodes available in our beloved black and white, but now we have the bonus of being able to see them in beautiful color. Tune in, set your DVRs, and don't miss the debut of these classic episodes as we've never been able to see them before. It's a very Merry Christmas to all of us in Mayberry from the nice folks at CBS!
* Dec. 28-30: Karen Knotts does three performances of "Tied Up in Knotts" in Sedona, Ariz. Details TBA.
* Feb. 22-27: David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning entertains on the Mountain Music Cruise aboard Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Sea. For more info, visit www.mountainmusiccruise.com.
* Mar. 3-5: 19th Annual George Lindsey UNA Film Festival in Florence, Ala. For more info, visit www.lindseyfilmfest.com.
* Mar. 12 and 13: Maggie Peterson and Rodney Dillard are joined by David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning in a presentation of Mayberry Moments at the Cumming Playhouse in Cumming, Ga. Showtimes are 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturday and 3 p.m. on Sunday. For tickets and more info, call (770) 205-4220.
* Apr. 3 and 4: Karen Knotts performs "Tied Up in Knotts" at 8 p.m. both nights at Barleen's Arizona Opry in Apache Junction, Ariz. Details TBA. For more info, visit www.azopry.com.
* Apr. 22: Karen Knotts brings "Tied Up in Knotts" to Lyman, Wyo. Show time is 8 p.m. Further details TBA.
* Apr. 25 and 26: Karen Knotts performs "Tied Up in Knotts" at 8 p.m. both days at Barleen's Arizona Opry in Apache Junction, Ariz. Details TBA. For more info, visit www.azopry.com.
* May 6 and 7: 6th Annual Mayberry Comes Westminster (S.C.) festival. Karen Knotts is the special guest. She'll be performing two shows of her new one-woman show "Knott Knotts Who's There: Getting to Know the Man Behind Barney Fife." She'll also be the grand marshal for two parades on Saturday. Other performers include folk musician John McCutcheon and bluegrass gospel group Trinity River Band. David Browning and a troupe of Mayberry tribute artists will be performing throughout the weekend.
In conjunction with the festival, there will also be a Mayberry Bible Study on Thursday the 5th and a "Salute to Elvis" dinner show starring Wayne Euliss on Wednesday the 4th. A cruise-in, pageants, contests, crafts, and assorted vendors are also part of the popular festival. For more info, visit www.mayberrywestminster.com.
* May 21 and 22: Mayberry in the Midwest festival in Danville, Ind. Details TBA.
* Aug. 20: Mayberry Night in Troy, N.C. , starring Maggie Peterson, the VW Boys and most of the Mayberry tribute artists in a fundraiser show for the local DARE program. Details TBA.
* Sept. 21-25: 27th Annual Mayberry Days in Mount Airy, N.C. Details and stars TBA. Much of the festival is free, but tickets for some of the activities that have a paid admission are already available online at www.mayberrydays.org.
* Oct. 29 -Nov. 3: Cruise to Mayberry 11 with special guest star Jackie Joseph (aka to Ernest T. Bass as Sweet Romeena)! Join the fun (including Halloween) in the western Caribbean aboard Carnival's Paradise cruise ship as it departs Tampa with stops in Grand Cayman (a favorite of Asa's and Mr. Meldrim's) and Cozumel (a fave of Daphne and Skippy and Mavis Neff).
A bunch of popular Mayberry tribute artists (and also an Elvis) will join Jackie in providing entertainment and hosting contests, along with all the hearty eatin' and usual cruise highlights. For more info, visit www.allaboutcruisesnc.net or call 1-800-832-7993.