An Online Newsletter of "The Andy Griffith Show" Rerun Watchers Club (TAGSRWC)
Volume 13, Issue 2
Welcome to our second issue of The eBullet for 2013! Read on for news about recent and upcoming happenings with cast members and fans, and also merchandise, including some brand new items, as well as some vintage ones that have recently returned to our Weaver's Department Store shelves.
Floyd's Barbershop Bulletin Board
The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest's amazing collection of Andy Griffith memorabilia, is open daily in Mount Airy, N.C. For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.
* Apr. 6: Darling mandolin player Dean Webb and his Missouri Boatride band play the grand opening of the True Value Hardware Store in Kimberling City, Mo. But don't expect to find sheet rock. They're strictly bluegrass. For more info, visit. www.missouriboatride.com.
* Apr. 13: Neal Brower, author of Mayberry 101, presents a lecture on the "Convicts-at-Large" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., on the lower level of the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, NC. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum armband ($3 or $5) or is $5 without one.
* Apr. 19: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8?--10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.
* Apr. 19: David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning shines at the Star City Jubilee at the First Baptist Church in Roanoke, Va. For info, visit www.starcityjubilee.com.
* Apr. 20: David Browning salutes at the Proud to Be an American Day in Walstonburg, N.C.
* Apr. 26 and 27: Third Annual Mayberry Comes to Westminster in Westminster, S.C. Guest stars include Maggie Peterson (Charlene Darling), who will be the event's Official Host and Parade Grand Marshal, and LeRoy McNees (of Mayberry's Country Boys). A full slate of Mayberry Tribute Artists will be on hand, including David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning. Among the activities planned are a Saturday afternoon concert with the star tribute artists, and the popular VW Boys; a Cruise-In and parades; trivia, look-alike, and whistling contests; a "Salute to Elvis" show on Fri.; and arts and crafts displays; lots of music; and food vendors. More details TBA. For updates, call the Westminster Chamber of Commerce at 865-647-5316 or visit Facebook.com .
* May 4: 26th Annual Uncle Jesse Big Bass Classic (founded by Denver Pyle) in Paris, Tex. For more info, visit:www.unclejessefishing.com.
- May 8 The Coffee Gallery, Altadena
- May 9-11 Parkfield Bluegrass Festival, Parkfield
- May 11 McCabe's, Santa Monica
- May 12 Viva Cantina, Burbank
* May 11: Everybody back on the truck! Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride kick off their Kimberling City Summer Bluegrass Concert Series at the Kimberling City Shopping Mall in Kimberling City, Mo. Look for them on the back of their '41 Chevy flatbed truck in the parking lot outside the Hillbilly Bowl from 7 to 9 p.m. The listening is free, but bring your own lawn chairs. Continues every other Saturday night through Sept. 14.
* May 11: With very nice timing for Mother's Day (the next day), Neal Brower, author of Mayberry 101, presents a lecture on the "Bed Jacket" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., on the lower level of the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, NC. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum armband ($3 or $5) or is $5 without one.
* May 17: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8?--10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.
* May 24 and 25: Darling boy Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride perform at the Bluegrass and Barbecue Festival at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo. For more info, visit www.silverdollarcity.com. And they'll also be playing on the back of their '41 Chevy truck at the Kimberling City Mall from 7 to 9 p.m. (Free admission to that one.)
* May 25 and 26: Circle the dates for David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning at the Pullman Square Memorial Cruise in Huntington, W.V.
* June 1: David Browning's jaw muscles work at the Clinch River Days Festival in St. Paul, Va.
* June 5-9: Ronnie Schell performs in the Comedy Room at Harvey's Casino in Lake Tahoe.
* June 8: Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride continue their Kimberling City Summer Bluegrass Concert Series at the Kimberling City Shopping Mall in Kimberling City, Mo. Look for them on the back of their '41 Chevy flatbed truck in the parking lot outside the Hillbilly Bowl from 7 to 9 p.m. The listening is free, but bring your own lawn chairs. Continues every other Saturday night through Sept. 14.
* June 8: Neal Brower, author of Mayberry 101, presents a dynamite lecture on the "Loaded Goat" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., on the lower level of the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, NC. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum armband ($3 or $5) or is $5 without one.
* June 13-15: James Best is among the guest stars at the Memphis Film Festival at Sam's Town Resort in Tunica, Miss. (30 miles south of Memphis). Included in the jam-packed weekend of activities will be a performance of James' one-man show on Fri. evening ($15). For more info, visit www.memphisfilmfestival.com.
* June 21: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8?--10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.
* June 22: James Best appears with other "Dukes of Hazzard" stars at the Dukes Family Festival in Hagerstown, Md. For more info visit www.hagerstownspeedway.com.
* June 22: Maggie Peterson, Rodney Dillard & the Dillard Band perform at Noon and 2 p.m. at the Somernites Cruise-In in downtown Somerset, Ky. David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning will also be on patrol.
* June 22 and July 6: Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride continue heating things up with their Kimberling City Summer Bluegrass Concert Series at the Kimberling City Shopping Mall in Kimberling City, Mo. Look for them on the back of their '41 Chevy flatbed truck in the parking lot outside the Hillbilly Bowl from 7 to 9 p.m. The listening is free, but bring your own lawn chairs or milk crate. Continues every other Saturday night through Sept. 14.
* July 12-14: Mayberry Country Boys member Roland White and wife Diane Bouska are among the performers at the Vancouver Island MusicFest in Vancouver, British Columbia.
* July 13: Neal Brower, author of Mayberry 101, presents a lecture on the "Up in Barney's Room" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., on the lower level of the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, NC. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum armband ($3 or $5) or is $5 without one. P.S. Hard cider not provided.
* July 19: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8?--10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.
* July 20 and Aug. 3: Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride are still picking away at their Kimberling City Summer Bluegrass Concert Series at the Kimberling City Shopping Mall in Kimberling City, Mo. Look for them on the back of their '41 Chevy flatbed truck in the parking lot outside the Hillbilly Bowl from 7 to 9 p.m. The listening is free, but bring your own lawn chair or stump. Continues every other Saturday night through Sept. 14. And remember: No camping allowed!
* Aug 10: Neal Brower, author of Mayberry 101, presents a lecture on the "Aunt Bee's Romance" episode of TAGS, starting at 2 p.m., on the lower level of the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, NC. Admission is included with an Andy Griffith Museum armband ($3 or $5) or is $5 without one. Important reminder from this episode: Avoid carbolic acid. "That's goodbye in any language!"
* Aug. 16: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) greets fans at the Andy Griffith Museum 12:30-3:30 p.m. She will have autographed 8?--10 photos available ($10). For info, visit the website at www.andygriffithmuseum.org/ or call (336) 786-1604.
* Aug. 17: Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride, Kimberling City Summer Bluegrass Concert Series, parking lot outside the Hillbilly Bowl, Kimberling City Shopping Mall, Kimberling City, Mo., 7 to 9 p.m., free, seat yourself.
* Aug. 23 and 24: Rodney Dillard and Maggie Peterson are joined by several of the Mayberry tribute artists (including David "Mayberry Deputy" Browning, Allan "Floyd" Newsome, Kenneth "Otis" Junkin, Phil "Ernest T." Fox, and Jeff "Howard" Branch) for a Cruise-In on Fri. and then concert benefiting the Montgomery County DARE program on Sat. The evening concert will be at the James H. Garner Center in Troy, N.C. Tickets are $20 for reserved seats and $15 for general admission. Tickets for children 6 years-12 years old are $10. For more info, call Jeff Branch at (704) 985-6987, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.bluegrassintroy.com/.
* Sept. 14: Dean Webb and Missouri Boatride close out their Kimberling City Summer Bluegrass Concert Series at the Kimberling City Shopping Mall in Kimberling City, Mo. Look for them one last time for the season on the their '41 Chevy flatbed truck in the parking lot outside the Hillbilly Bowl from 7 to 9 p.m. Listen all you want for free, but bring your own item of choice for seating.
* Sept. 24-26: Life Lessons From Mayberry: It's All There in Black and White in Ridgecrest, N.C. (just east of Asheville) is a celebration of "The Andy Griffith Show" and the biblical truths and life applications found in the show. The 3-day event includes Bible study based on favorite episodes, preaching and worship, bluegrass music, country cooking, and lodging nestled in the North Carolina mountains. More info at www.lifeway.com/mayberry
* Sept. 26-29: 24th Annual Mayberry Days in Mount Airy, N.C. The Golf Tournament, Doug Dillard Memorial Concert, One-Man Show with James Best, "Tied Up in Knotts" with Karen Knotts, VW Boys "Tribute to Mayberry," Colonel Tim's Talent Time, Professor Brower's Lecture, and Michael Hoover's "Memories of Elvis" are parts of the weekend requiring tickets that are already announced. More details TBA.
* Oct. 28-Nov. 2: Halloween Cruise to Mayberry 8. Five Days aboard Carnival Cruise Line's Paradise, leaving from Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and two "Fun Days" at sea. Special Guests for the cruise are Jackie Joseph, best known to Mayberry fans as Ernest T. Bass' love interest, Ramona Ankrum and Dobro-playing Country Boy Leroy McNees.
They will be joined by several Mayberry tribute artists, an Elvis tribute artist, and the VW Boys for entertainment provided exclusively to Mayberry Cruise participants. For more info, visit the All About Cruises website at www.allaboutcruisesnc.net.
**** News of Cast & Crew ****
Andy Griffith has been in the news a couple of times in recent weeks. First, he was inexplicably left out of the In Memoriam segment during the Oscars ceremony. The omission caused a tremendous outcry from his peers and fans and the media. In protest, the NBC affiliate in Cleveland (WKYC) even preempted a couple of nights of NBC prime-time programming to show episodes of "Matlock."
Andy was indirectly back in the news when there was widespread media coverage about a demolition permit being issued for a building on his family property in Manteo, N.C. Here's a link to the version of the Associated Press story in USA Today last week.
Ron Howard was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame in a ceremony at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles. He was inducted by friend and "Arrested Development" co-star Will Arnett.
Here's a video of Arnett's humorous induction remarks (including cutaways to Ron and father Rance Howard in the audience). Ron was joined as a new inductee by legendary newsman Bob Schieffer, Al Michaels, Leslie Moonves, Dick Wolf and Philo T. Farnsworth.
Ron also participated in an Alzheimer's fundraiser at Sardi's in New York City earlier this month. Here's a short video interview with Ron on the "purple carpet" at the fundraiser,
And while Ron's next feature film, Rush, speeds along in post-production for its release in September, he and daughter Bryce Dallas Howard continue to have key involvement with Canon USA's Project Imaginat10n, which is producing 10 short films based on photos that were selected by Bryce and Ron and eventually a larger panel of judges. The completed films are set to be screened at a film festival later this year.
"I'm 82 and he's in his 60s, and so we've been together for 38 years and I'm not ashamed of people knowing," Jim told Hawaii News Now in a story that that then received extensive nationwide news coverage. "It's just that it was such a personal thing-I didn't tell anybody," he continued. I'm very happy that I've had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you? I'm just very happy."
Betty Lynn greeted fans at the Andy Griffith Museum on March 15, and will be back on April 19. (Look for her at the Museum the third Friday afternoon of just about every month.)
Joy Ellison (multiple Mayberry roles) continues in her successful career as one of the top dialect coaches in Hollywood. Her recent projects include Life of Pi and episodes of "Mad Men," as well as A Night in Old Mexico, which stars Robert Duvall and is expected to be released in theaters later this year. She's currently working on a TV pilot called "Super Clyde," starring redheaded Harry Potter star Rupert Grint.
Mayberry Country Boys band member and Dobro legend LeRoy Mack McNees has a new CD out called Stories. It has lots of great tunes that will be familiar to Mayberry Days fans and many others, plus some songs that are sure to become favorites. One track is "The Andy Griffith Show Medley." You can get a copy and check out other LeRoy CDs and news at www.leroymack.com.
And finally, if you've received this picture in an e-mail claiming that it's a young Frances Bavier (aka Aunt Bee), it's NOT. What it is, is a hoax.
Instead, the lady is model/actress Gloria DeHaven. So now, if you receive this hoax, you'll know not to pass it on to your friends, thereby perpetuating the hoax. And you might also want to let whoever sent the hoax to you know that they've been pranked, too.
If you want to learn more about the hoax and Mayberry's efforts to nip it in the bud, check out Allan Newsome's "Two Chairs, No Waiting" podcast, Episode #227.
**** Chapter Update ****
We've had five new chapters start since the January eBullet, which brings us to 1,403 chapters founded since TAGSRWC began.
|Andy's Front Porch Pickers||Springfield, Mo.|
|"Dooley--Oh, That's a Good'n!"
|Mayberry Friends Society
|"Like Now, Chickie?"||Albuquerque, N.M.|
If you're interested in starting a chapter of TAGSRWC, all you need to do is choose a name that hasn't already been picked, and submit it with a list of your founding members by e-mail or by U.S. mail to TAGSRWC's HQ in Nashville. There's a searchable list of existing chapter names at www.tagsrwc.com.
Once you successfully choose a name that's all yours and nobody else's, you'll receive your Official Chapter Charter, fancily inscribed and "suitable for framing."
What you do as a chapter is entirely up to you. Your group can do as much or as little as you like. The idea is simply to have lots of Mayberry fun with whatever you do.
Or if you're feeling more like a joiner than a starter, you can write to us about how to contact a chapter near you.
Our mailing address is TAGSRWC, 9 Music Square South, PMB 146, Nashville TN 37203-3211. Our e-mail address is Goober@iMayberry.com.
And you can join our online "Who's Been Messin' Up the Bulletin Board?" chapter. (It's really quick and easy to do. Info is at tagsrwc.com.)
We hope you can enjoy the fun of being part of a TAGSRWC chapter!
**** Merchandise Update ****
Browse the full selection of books, apparel, DVDs, artwork, collectibles, items for your vehicle, and much more online at Weaver's (www.weaversdepartmentstore.com). There are lots of great vintage and rare things, too. First one thing and then another. Plus there are many things on sale right now or at new, permanently lower prices.
We appreciate your shopping at Weaver's, especially because Weaver's sales are the thing that helps TAGSRWC be able to support Mayberry Days and other Mayberry-connected events and charitable efforts throughout the year.
New at Weaver's:
This popular and critically acclaimed 1983 made-for-TV movie stars Andy Griffith as the wealthy John Wallace and Johnny Cash as Sheriff Lemar Potts of Coweta County. It's riveting to watch the two entertainment icons as adversaries in this fascinating film, which is based on real events in Georgia.
June Carter Cash is also featured among the fine cast of character actors. And of special interest in a pivotal role is Cindi Knight, who became Mrs. Andy Griffith about six weeks after this movie was first broadcast.
For years this film has been extremely difficult to find, except overseas and on old VHS tapes. In time for its 30th Anniversary in 2013, we're pleased to be able to offer it on DVD!
The special guest stars in this season include: Milton Berle, Arlene Golonka (Mayberry's Millie), Joel Grey, George Peppard and Warren Frost. There are 22 episodes on 6 discs in this set for the 1993-94 Season. The list price is $50, but we've got it for just $44.00.
This 2008 movie features George Lindsey in his last movie role. Also starring Lee Majors and Academy Award winner Diane Ladd.
Here's the story about the movie:
The journey of a lifetime for young Lily Strickland begins not out of her love for adventure but out of heartache. Longing for the father she lost to the ocean and having no way to say goodbye, Lily strikes out on her own beginning a journey of the spirit and of the heart.
Her mother has found a new man to share her life with and Lily is the bearer of unpleasant secrets in his life which only she knows. Leaving behind a safe, loving environment with her grandparents (Diane Ladd and Lee Majors) and loving mother (Amy Redford), she faces not only her fears but the obstacles the wilderness presents.
With her faith and belief that her father will guide her, she sets out with her trusty dog. With the help of a friendly tugboat captain (Bernie Casey), she follows her dream to find the ocean and to finally set her heart at peace.
Inspired by a true story.
This 2007 movie was one of Andy Griffith's favorites that he was in. He plays Old Joe, the grumpy but kindhearted owner of Joe's Pie Diner.
Keri Russell stars as waitress Jenna, who's right up there with Aunt Bee in the pie-making department. But Jenna does have some struggles on the homefront that make for an interesting story that has a lot of heart.
Beautifully written and directed and with a strong cast throughout, this movie was a surprise hit when it came out. It was the little film that seemed to come out of nowhere and win over audiences everywhere. You'll love every slice!
Rated PG-13 for some mature themes.
New Release in November 2012!
Together for the first time on one DVD set are four hilarious movies Don Knotts made for Disney! And at a really fantastic price!
The movies are:
* Apple Dumpling Gang
* Apple Dumpling Rides Again
* Hot Lead & Cold Feet
Three of the movies also star Tim Conway. And there's a Who's Who of favorite Hollywood character actors and Western sidekicks. And even legendary Baltimore Colts quarterback Johnny Unitas, along with a football-kickin' mule!
These are funny and wholesome films for the whole family. And all for less than $5 per flick!
After an absence since 2010, the official "Andy Griffith Show" Wall Calendar is back for 2013. And we've still got a few left for late shoppers.
We can't tell you how many people asked about calendars the last two years, only to be disappointed that there wasn't one. So, we we're thrilled that one is once again available for 2013. The calendar features black-and-white photos of Andy, Barney, Opie, Aunt Bee, Gomer and Goober. It measures 12?--22 when opened for hanging.
It's a great way to celebrate Mayberry every month and every day in 2013. And best of all...it's now 1/3 off, so that's like getting 4 months free! Even though you've missed January and February, you still come out ahead at this great price! Note: This is likely our last price reduction on this item, and we're into our last case, so get 'em while you still can and enjoy the rest of the year full of fun Mayberry dates!
Weaver's has more than two dozen officially licensed Mayberry T-shirt designs. Some are vintage designs that are no longer in production and hard to find anywhere else. We also have a handful of shirts of other TV classics and some vintage embroidered Mayberry logo sport shirts and even a few Snappy Lunch sports shirts.
All of our preshrunk heavyweight 100% cotton T-shirts are just $18.00. And the sport shirts are nicely priced, too. Most of the T-shirts are available in Sizes Medium, Large, XL and 2X, and a few styles also come in 3X. Several also come in small. (The size selection is not as large for the out-of-production vintage shirts.)
Have fun showing your Mayberry spirit with one of these fun-tastic shirts today!
Just a few of our many Mayberry T-shirt designs.
All still only $18.00 each!
And T-shirts aren't the only thing that we have dozens of! We carry most of the Mayberry and Mayberry-related books that have been published. Some have been out of print for years, but we still have some copies. Whether your interest is history or trivia, biography or cooking, we've got the Mayberry book for you or a friend. Here's a sampling of what we have:
by George Lindsey
Foreword by Ernest Borgnine
This 1995 autobiography by George Lindsey has been out of print for a few years, but George's family has graciously provided us with a few copies, which George had kept safe all these years, to use as fundraisers for some charitable causes that meant a lot to George.
The copies we have are still pristine, carefully preserved by George since publication. The 210-page paperback covers highlights of George's fascinating life from childhood in rural Alabama to New York and Hollywood to Mayberry and Kornfield Kounty. It's filled with wonderful photos and many adventures, both hilarious and poignant.
All proceeds from the sale of this book go toward TAGSRWC's support of the George Lindsey UNA Film Festival in Florence, Ala.
Choice of either plain ($15) or a special autographed copy ($100).
More in the mood to watch Mayberry instead of read about it, you say? Then we've got you covered there, too!
Released for the 50th Anniversary in 2010, this continues to be a really popular item. In addition to a bunch of the very best episodes, this 3-disc set includes uncut versions of the "Danny Thomas" pilot for "The Andy Griffith Show" and the 1986 Return to Mayberry movie. And all at a phenomenally low price, even before Ben Weaver's additional discount. Here are some of the highlights of what's on it:
* 17 Favorite Episodes:
"The Pickle Story"
"Barney and the Choir"
"Man in a Hurry"
"The Darlings Are Coming"
"Barney's First Car"
|"Dogs, Dogs, Dogs"
"Opie the Birdman"
"The Sermon for Today"
"Goober and the Art of Love"
* "Danny Meets Andy Griffith" (the "Danny Thomas" pilot for TAGS)
* Clips from Season Premiere nights for the 1962-63 and 1963-64 seasons
* The 1986 Return to Mayberry reunion movie
* Original sponsor commercials featuring cast members
This collection is chockfull of great Mayberry moments. And the price makes for a truly unbeatable combination of quantity, quality and value. We think it's a dream come true.
Or why not get the whole Mayberry video shebang all in one package, at a super-Goober price?
Want to Watch Even More Mayberry?
Look no further. All 249 TAGS episodes on DVD, plus the "Danny Thomas" pilot, Return to Mayberry movie, bunches of original commercials and more-now only $119 at Weaver's (originally $249!). Hey everybody, that's less than 50 cents an episode to own the best TV show ever in its entirety, plus the extras!
**** Mayberry on the Web ****
The iMayberry Community
We're really excited about the launch last year of Web activity hosted by TAGSRWC and organized and overseen by webmaster Allan "Floyd" Newsome. It's called iMayberry Community. You can check it out and sign up for free at: http://imayberrycommunity.com/.
The iMayberry Community has been getting a great response. It complements our other online activities, including our main www.imayberry.com page, podcasts, Facebook page, online newsletters (such as The eBullet!), weaversdepartmentstore.com and chat rooms. Combined with TAGSRWC chapters and the various Mayberry events for all fans (from Mayberry Days to ocean cruises), not to mention enjoying the sites of Mount Airy year-round, the world of Mayberry fun keeps expanding.
And best of all, it's all rooted in watching the show itself. Whether through DVDs, local stations or TV Land, loving to watch the show continues to be the energy that feeds all the other Mayberry fun and activities that we enjoy. What a wonderful thing Andy Griffith and his talented team of actors, musicians, writers and crew people created 53 years ago--for us and generations to come!
Two Chairs, No Waiting is our weekly podcast of TAGS news, interviews and pretty much whatever happens to be going on in and around Mayberry. It's hosted by Allan Newsome. There's a new episode every Tuesday (and you can watch and listen live during tapings on Monday evenings). Past episodes are in an online Archives in case you want to listen to or view episodes you've missed. (There have been 229 episodes since 2008. And counting!)
There's a lot of info and discussions that you simply won't find anywhere else, including rare interviews (vintage and new) with cast and crew members of TAGS. If you've got sound on your computer or have an iPod or similar device, you can easily tune in live or download these podcasts.
And there's a Brother Figure podcast to Two Chairs, No Waiting. It's hosted by longtime TAGSRWC member Kevin Burke, who does a super job of describing and discussing individual episodes. It's called Burke on Mayberry. Check it out.
TAGSRWC's official page on Facebook now has more than 36,000 friends! You can find us at www.facebook.com/tagsrwc. There's a variety of comments about Mayberry, and a lively stream of fans' favorite TAGS lines. And our Facebook page is also one of the first places we post announcements and breaking news about TAGS. If you haven't already dropped by the page, we hope you'll check it out sometime when you have the chance. We invite you to become a TAGSRWC Facebook Friend!
**** Chapter News ****
Mayberry chapter (Knoxville, Tenn.) continues to regularly celebrate birthdays of TAGS stars. (They really love cake!) They've got a chapter party in honor of Darlings boy Dean Webb planned for April and one for Margaret Kerry in May. And then they've got miniature golf scheduled for June, before their parade and festival seasons kick into high gear. It's just go-go-go all the time with this wild bunch.
And the biggest gathering of fans and chapters of the spring is no doubt the annual Mayberry Comes to Westminster festival, spearheaded by Laura Lee Hobbs chapter (Westminster, S.C.)
Word just seems to leak out every year that this festival is as exciting as a gold shipment coming to town. See the link to their website in Floyd's calendar above. Y'all come!
**** Post Note ****
If you ever miss receiving an issue of The eBullet, you can always catch up by reading it in the eBullet Archives in the Newsletters section at iMayberry.com. Each issue is usually placed in the Archives within about a week or so of its being distributed to subscribers.
Between issues of The eBullet, keep up with the goings-on in Mayberry with the daily Who's Been Messin' Up the Bulletin Board? (aka WBMUTBB) Digest. It's a free subscriber list that consists entirely of comments, newsflashes, and questions and answers from subscribers. You can sign up for that list by going to the Mailing Lists link at tagsrwc.com. WBMUTBB also has its own Archives where you can follow the ongoing stream of messages.
And TAGSRWC publishes Weaver's Newsletter in more-or-less alternate months to The eBullet. Like The eBullet, the Weaver's Newsletter is free. Its focus is mainly on new Mayberry merchandise and collectibles and quick newsflashes. To sign up, go to: Weaver's Newsletter Sign-Up.
TAGSRWC's other main vehicle for Mayberry information is simply our website at www.tagsrwc.com (and its sister site www.iMayberry.com). Both sites have extensive content and links for just about everything a Mayberry fan might be looking for.
The next eBullet is planned for May, and the next Weaver's Newsletter is scheduled for April. Till then, happy Mayberry watching!